We hope you love the products we recommend and just so you know that as an Amazon Associate, DSLRad may earn from qualifying purchases.
When I first bought my Canon R5 it was a new device and not many pieces of software were able to open the propietary CR3 files that it takes in RAW format. Figuring out how to open Canon R5 Raw files was a challenge.
Thankfully, that has changed, and support is much more prevalent.
So, if you’re in a pinch, and need some software quickly that can read and process raw image files in order to open Canon R5 files, Canon’s Digital Photo Professional (DPP) software is a great option.
It can be downloaded for free from Canon’s website. DPP is made to work with Canon cameras, and it can deal with the raw CR3 image files that the Canon R5 produces.
How to open Canon R5 Raw Files with Third Party Software
You could also use a third-party piece of software that works with Canon R5 files, such as:
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Raw
- Adobe Lightroom
- Capture One
To open a Canon R5 file with DPP or another programme that works with it, do the following:
- You can use a USB cable to hook up your Canon R5 to your computer.
- Open the program and choose “Open” or “Import” from the “File” menu.
- Find the place on your computer where the Canon R5 files are kept and choose the ones you want to open.
- To start importing and processing the files, click “Open” or “Import.”
- After the files have been imported, you can look at them and change them as needed.
I hope this is useful! If you have any more questions, please let me know.